Year 2 Information
This is Year 2's information page where you can find all relevant information regarding your child's class and daily routines.
Class Teachers and Teaching Assistants:
Class DL: Miss Dowler, Miss Lapish and Sarah P
Class 2WG: MrWestland, Mr Greenfield, Wahida and Sarah S
Please find attached:
- class timetables
-spellings for Autumn 1 - see spelling tab
- PE/Dance: Please refer to the attached timetables for information about PE and Dance lessons relevant to your child's class. Dance kits can be brought to school at the beginning of the week and left in the school lockers and children should come dressed in their PE kit with their uniform in bags to change in to
- Please note for Autumn 1, Y2WG have dance and Y2DL have music; for Autumn 2 Y2WG have music and Y2DL have dance
- Snacks: Year 2 children are all provided with a snack (a piece of fruit) from school we do encourage them to eat it as they do get hungry before lunch.
- Water: Please encourage your child to bring a water bottle daily.
- Homework: The homework book will be given out every Friday with an expectation to be returned on the following Wednesday to allow for marking. Please note- homework handed in late may not be marked before the new homework is issued.
- Reading Books: We will begin issuing 'take-home' books the week beginning Monday 13th of September. The children will read with adults twice a week and we expect this book to be read at home too. It is really important that this book remains in their book bags so we can change it during our reading sessions as they are carefully chosen to meet the needs of your child. The children are also encouraged to choose books from the wide range we have in the book corner; sometimes they will choose a book which is a challenge and they cannot read independently, when this happens just read it to them; they will also sometimes choose a book which is too 'easy', this too is fine and they can practise their fluency/expression/spelling if this is the case. Please note that we expect the books to be looked after and if lost there will be a small fine.